Mountaineer Food Hub & Free Store
Appalachian’s Mountaineer Food Hub and Free Store serves as a means to address food insecurity and resource consumption within the campus community. Open to students, staff, and faculty, the food hub provides staple foods, fresh produce, bread, breakfast items and personal care products. The free store carries interview clothing, winter gear, school supplies, household items and various other goods.
Location: East Hall, bottom floor
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Satellite Food Pantry Locations
We have worked collaboratively to develop a food pantry network across campus to continue to meet the needs of our campus community. See campus food pantry locations below:
- Belk Library
- Broyhill School of Music (Room 226)
- Everyone Eats Food Pantry (Leon Levine Health Sciences- Room 542G)
- Garwood Hall (Room 231)
- MS Shook Health Services (Miles Annas Bldg)
- Rankin Science West (Room 327)
- Reich College of Education (James Center)
- Student Access (DD Dougherty)
- Walker Hall (Room 203)
- Wellness and Prevention Services (next to the App State Post Office)
For more information, please reach out to Jennifer Maxwell, Sustainability Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-262-2667.
Online donation ordering:
When checking out please be sure to choose Alice Gryder’s Gift Registry address for shipping directly to the Mountaineer Food Hub.
Mac and Cheese
Shelf Stable Milk- soy, almond, oat
Personal care and feminine hygiene products
Easy to prepare instant meals
Oils, spices, and condiments