2017 Student Summit
We will have an agenda for this year’s Student Summit posted shortly. In the meantime please see the 2016 agenda and complete the 2017 Student Summit Application to be considered for this year’s Summit.
The Appalachian Energy Summit (AES) provides an enriching experience for student participants. From building peer relationships to speaking before an audience of 500, the AES has something to cultivate any student engaged in the energy field.
|Poster Competition||Student Summit Application||Pitch Competition|
|Student Summit Photos||Highlight Student Speaker||Student Summit Speakers|
- Presenting at our Poster Competition
- Engage in networking events with potential employers
- Hear from world class speakers
- Highlight Speaker - a prestigious opportunity to speak before an audience of 500
Space is limited and the application process to attend is highly competitive. 100 students will be invited to attend this event. From it our goal is to inspire students to take back innovative ideas pertaining to energy and sustainability to their universities. The application deadline is April 14, 2017!
These Student scholars will benefit from the advice and experience of industry partners during a career panel, and develop lasting connections in the networking reception that follows. The Student Summit provides the opportunity for students to drive change and encourage the implementation of clean energy initiatives on their respective campuses.
“Although seeing the 2015 Appalachian Energy Summit come to an end was
bittersweet, I can’t help but marvel at the hope that I had gained as a result of
this gathering. To see such a talented group fighting on the side of a sustainable
future is very reassuring.
Perhaps the most memorable takeaway from the Summit, was witnessing the
passion from my fellow students displayed In the posters, presentations and
discussions throughout. I was thrilled to see that I am not alone; that others are
passionately fighting the same battle and now I have come to join them.”
— Sean Zilberdrut, Student of University of North Carolina Charlotte
Additional Opportunities Abound!
- Call for Posters: Present your energy-focused research or community/campus oriented projects at the 2017 Appalachian Energy Summit. Cash prizes will be awarded as well as funding from one of our branded sponsors. Apply to the 2017 AES Poster Competition (information coming soon).
- Call for Highlight Speakers: One of the most exciting and prestigious opportunities for students at this event involves becoming a Student Highlight Speaker and delivering a speech regarding energy procedure, policy, sustainability, or implementation during the Summit.
- Pitch Competition: pitch your idea to a panel of experts
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Student Summit please contact our Summit Coordinator.
2017 Summit Coordinator