2016 Student Summit
Click here to download the 2016 Student Summit Agenda.
The Appalachian Energy Summit (AES) provides an enriching experience for student participants. From building peer relationships to speaking before an audience of 500, the AES has something to cultivate any student engaged in the energy field. Opportunities include:
- Presenting at our Poster Competition
- Engage in networking events with potential employers
- Hear from world class speakers Bill McKibben, Amory Lovins, and Davic Orr
- Highlight Speaker - a prestigious opportunity to speak before an audience of 500
Space is limited and the application process to attend is highly competitive. 100 students will be invited to attend this event. From it our goal is to inspire knowledge, collaboration, and action so that students may take back innovative ideas pertaining to energy and sustainability to their universities. The application deadline is June 21st!
Student scholars will benefit from the advice and experience of industry partners during a career panel, and develop lasting connections in the networking reception that follows. The Student Summit provides the opportunity for students to drive change and encourage the implementation of clean energy initiatives on their respective campuses.
“I went into the summit with an open mind, an open heart, and a lot of ideas. I came out with a focused mind, an inspired heart, and a game plan to immediately act on.”
— Parker Grissom, Student of University of North Carolina Wilmington
Answer our callings!
- Call for Posters: Present your energy focused resesarch or community/campus oriented projects at the 2016 Application Energy Summit. Awards include $2500 in cash prizes as well as funding from one of our branded sponsors. Apply to the 2016 AES Poster Competition!
- Call for Highlight Speakers: One of the most exciting and prestigious opportunities for students at this event involves becoming a Student Highlight Speaker and delivering a speech regarding energy proedure, policy, sustainability, or implementation during the Summit.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Student Summit please contact our Student Coordinator.
2016 Student Summit Coordinator
|We would like to thank our generous sponsors.|